If you are like me, you want Halloween content year-round and this includes podcasts! I'm always on the hunt for new podcasts centered around spooky topics with a special focus on Halloween and Halloween-adjacent topics, and I've find quite a few new podcasts I'd like to recommend to you.
I chose some new podcasts that cover a range of topics centered around Halloween, so these aren't just spooky stories, but more topical discussions about nostalgia, news, haunts, movies, pumpkin carving, music, and other items revolving around Halloween. If you are looking for just terrifying tales to get spooked to, I'll throw a few of these suggestions towards the end as well, because you can't have Halloween without some good scares!
1. Preserve Halloween - This brand-new podcast was started in order to ensure that the spirit of Halloween continues despite the COVID-19 pandemic and other hardships we are enduring this year. This podcast discusses Halloween traditions, icons of Halloween, and in their own words "is dedicated to conversations involving the education, appreciation, observance, and recognition of the diverse history and practices associated with the holiday of Halloween." This is also part of the Halloween Preservation Society (linked above), who is dedicated to making sure Halloween endures (and they have some great merch in their shop, too!).
2. It's Always Halloween - I just started listening to this new podcast, and really love the focus on the history of Halloween and how similar festivals of the dead are celebrated world-wide. The podcast is edited wonderfully with sound effects, music, and the soothing and engaging voice of host Lucé Tomlin-Brenner. I can't wait for more episodes!
3. Haunted Hangover - Two good friends discuss their love of Halloween, including their Halloween memories, Halloween TV specials, haunts, and much more! Dave and Louie will be your two new best friends as they talk through their nostalgic memories, create a Halloween mixtape, watch The Simpsons' "Treehouse of Horror" and Goosebumps episodes, discuss spooky Halloween urban myths, and much more! I love their banter and how it feels like you are just hanging out with friends talking about Halloween and horror when you listen to their podcast.
4. The Ghoul Mates - Ghost Hostess Mandy and Master of Scaremonies Rudy host this new podcast where they discuss all their favorite spooky topics and also interview ghoulish guests. Their banter is so sweet and playful, and I love the topics they cover. They usually open the show with some trivia and other tricks and treats, which is always fun!
5. That Halloween Podcast - Host Jeff DePaoli welcomes guests who have worked on horror movies and haunts to discuss Halloween topics. Everything Halloween is covered, from Halloween movies, TV specials, traditions, and many more. There are lots of great guests on this podcast, and it is a joy to listen to them discussing their own Halloween projects, as well as their Halloween recollections and opinions on Halloween movies, specials, and so on.
If you are looking for some stories to get spooked to, some of my favorites include Haunted Places (excellent dramatizations covering real haunted places), Scared to Death (where the hosts tell scary listener tales), Lights Out (more creepy tales), and the brand-new The Dark Parts (from the creators of the true crime podcast Going West, but with a focus on supernatural and paranormal stories).
Have additional Halloween podcast recommendations? Drop them in the comments!
What a fantastic list! Thank you very much for sharing about this quintet of Halloween focused podcasts. I've been meaning to up my intake of podcasts (in general) for quite some time now and will be cueing up these All Hallows' Eve shows now.ReplyDelete
Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life