Our day is finally here! Happy Halloween everybody!
Whew, it has definitely been a jam-packed October! Halloween is always bittersweet when it finally arrives...I mean, it's Halloween, so YAY! At the same time, though, it is also signifies the end of October and the end of Halloween activities. Boo!
Speaking of Halloween activities, at the beginning of the month I shared with you my bucket list for the season. Like most years, I didn't get to do everything I wanted, but I put a decent dent in the list and, more importantly, thoroughly enjoyed this October's activities!
So, here again is my bucket list with all the items I accomplished!
Drink apple cider Eat Candy Corn Oreos Crunch through dry leaves- Not many fall leaves here in SoCal, but my parking lot at work has tons I stomped through! Visit the pumpkin patch- Yay for Tanaka Farms! Read about my visit here! Have friends over to carve pumpkins- We hosted a fun horror movie night and also went over to a friend's place to carve pumpkins Throw an awesome Zombie Prom Halloween party- Success! Pick out a zombie Halloween costume- Prom Queens, I'll eat your hearts out! Listen to Halloween music Watch Halloween-themed movies Watch the classic Universal Monster movies- I actually watched some new ones I had never seen before, like Son of Frankenstein! Wear flannel, scarves and boots- The weather finally cooled down enough so I was able to do this! Visit the Halloween store- Visited multiple ones this year!
- Bake pumpkin everything! - It was mostly too hot to do this, so I didn't get to bake as much as I wanted to
Snuggle up in Halloween blankets- I even bought a new one from Target to add to my collection
- Try as many pumpkin beers as possible - I stuck with Blue Moon's Harvest Pumpkin Spice this month, so I didn't quite succeed with this one.
Make icky-looking Halloween food- Zombie brains and fingers, anyone? Drink pumpkin tea and/or shakes- I made pumpkin pie shakes and lived on Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice tea! Send Halloween cards to friends and family Wear as much orange, black, purple and green (Halloween colors!) as possible Check out fall foliage (even if it is just lusting through pictures)- Thanks to Tumblr and Pinterest for this! Watch Halloween cartoons Buy new Halloween pajamas- Finally found some at Walmart (read my post) of all places! Eat vegan Halloween candy
- Buy Sweet n Sara Halloween s’mores - I didn't order these in time...argh!
Get pumpkin trees from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's Visit the Halloween display at Roger’s Gardens- Beautiful as always! Read about it here!
- Go to a haunted house, haunt or hayride - Darn, totally missed out on these this year.
Read The Halloween Tree and other Halloween-themed stories Go to Disneyland for Halloweentime Put up Halloween lights and decorations Paint my nails with Halloween colors / get a Halloween manicure
- Go see ParaNorman / Hotel Transylvania / Frankenweenie in theaters - I didn't get to see any of these! :(
V/H/S/ Paranormal Activity 4 / Sinisterand other horror movies in theaters - I only need to see PA4
- See the original Halloween in theaters - Missed it
- See Night of the Living Dead play - Missed it
- Go to Universal Horror Nights or Knott’s Scary Farm - couldn't find the time to go this year
Take advantage of any Halloween DVD sales of horror movies
- Visit Julian, CA to pick apples - Sigh...it was just too hot to make the trek, plus I don't think the crop was all that great this year.
Roast pumpkin seeds Check out as many stores with Halloween decor/items as possible (Target, Walmart, JoAnn Fabrics, Home Goods, etc.)- I did them all and spend FAR too much! Wear Halloween tights
- Try new autumn recipes - It was just too hot to cook or bake anything autumn-y this month. Hopefully in November I'll be able to try some new recipes.
Eat as many pumpkin-based foods as possible Wear Halloween jewelry- I got a new bat necklace and Halloween bracelets
- Visit cemeteries - Didn't get to any this year
Complete the 31 Days of Halloween challenge!- WHEW! I posted at least 1 post every day this whole month! For the third year in a row! Yay!