Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Another Award - The Happy 101 Award!
Hello Boils and Ghouls -
The awesome Shaun Anderson over at The Celluloid Highway was kind enough to bestow The Spooky Vegan with the award above! From the bottom of my dark heart, Shaun, many thanks! (UPDATE: Fred over at Full Moon Reviews was also nice enough to award me this award! Thanks Freddie!!)
The rules for this award are to list 10 things that make you happy and then list 10 other deserving blogs that make you jump for joy!
So, here it goes...
10 Things That Make Me Giddy with Joy:
1. Orange and black.
2. Anything Disney, but especially The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland! I always ride it as many times as possible!
3. Browsing the shelves of the local used CD/DVD store...I usually come out with an obscene amount of horror flicks.
4. Visiting our local pumpkin patch in October.
5. My collection of horror and Halloween stuff (and adding new things to the collection).
6. Being vegan and doing my part to make the world a better place.
7. The smells of pumpkin spice and burning leaves.
8. A long soak in the tub on a dark and stormy night.
9. Curling up with a good and scary book.
10. Getting away from the city and visiting the country. I am a country girl at heart (just don't make me listen to country music or I'll cut a bitch!).
11. Seeing more followers/comments on my blog! Thanks readers! You make me feel all warm and fuzzy!
10 Blogs That Make Me Giddy With Joy (truthfully, all the blogs on my reading list make me happy!):
I won't nominate any blogs that I've chosen for past awards (here and here), which makes this doubly hard! However, I've been following a lot of great new blogs (well, new for me) lately, so here are 10 of those that just make me burst forth with joyfulness.
FYI - I've broken down the list into sections (vegan, Halloween and horror blogs).
1. Vegan Crunk - A Southern gal with a quick wit quips on her life and offers us yummy recipes.
2. Vegan Show and Tell - Restaurant reviews, vegan articles and so much more! I just started following this site, but it packs so much awesome information I've found myself coming back daily to read more!
3. The Life - I love Vic's posts on his everyday life and his blog also contains some delicious-looking vegan recipes.
4. Frog on the Pumpkin - If I see a new post, I am always eager to read The Frog Queen's newest ramblings! Love her haunt projects and Halloween preparations as well as anecdotes on everyday life.
5. A Nostalgic Halloween - Beautiful Halloween artwork and odds 'n' ends.
6. The Pumpkin Queen - For everything Halloween! Love reading her updates on Halloween stock at various stores.
7. The Halloween Blues - Entertaining and informative posts on Halloween and horror items.
8. The Phantasmagorium of Professor Pym - Lots of intelligent, thoughtful posts on a wide variety of topics, from steampunk to Del Toro's Mountains of Madness adaptation.
9. Scare Sarah - I really love this blog. Not only does the blogger share my first name, but her reviews of horror movies are hilarious and a joy to read. I usually don't read many horror reviews, but I always take the time to read Scare Sarah's.
10. This Girl Digs Horror - Another entertaining blogger who enthusiastically writes about horror and other bits and pieces. Like the creepy hamsters in the Kia commercials. Yup, she's just that good!
Follow all these peeps, cuz they deserve it and you deserve to be entertained by their informative, witty and fun posts!
And thanks again to Shaun at Celluloid Highway for bestowing the award on The Spooky Vegan! Definitely follow him if you aren't already, cuz he just plain rocks!